2018 YW Theme Journal, Pen Inserts & Gift Tags!



Designing printables for the 2018 YW Theme, "Peace in Christ" - has been an absolutely awesome experience. I dove into the scripture (D&C 19:23), memorized it, repeated it in my mind hundreds of times for weeks - all to roll through the process of figuring out how to translate the words and meaning into a design that will help the girls connect with the gems found within the verse itself. 

"LEARN of me, and LISTEN to my words; 
WALK in the meekness of my Spirit, 
and you shall have PEACE in me."

Then it HIT me - a journal or pens could represent learning - then adding a set of gift tags with other "objects" to represent what we need to do to find that peace. This is a scripture of ACTION, we need to LEARN, to LISTEN and WALK - all things no one can do for us, we have to do these things for ourselves... then, we can find the PEACE that Christ offers. Walking, listening and learning all take energy, they all take action - I love how this verse inspires us to act. We've been taught we are to be agents unto ourselves and not wait to be acted upon... what a great lesson these girls will be learning - and with the journal, as the learn and grow, they can record it all!

Besides - what girl doesn't love converse shoes, earbuds, cute pens and a bit of chocolate. I love object lessons and how they bring to life an understanding of things spiritual.


You might also like....



Happy printing!


Don't miss new printables, freebies and discounts!
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST or SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
SHOP NOW  | WHAT IS SCRAPBOOK MAX?  |  TERMS OF USE  |  DISCLOSURE  |  CONTACT

1 comment